The weather’s getting warmer and the school year is winding down, which means it’s time to ask: What will your children be doing this summer?
How about giving them a chance to sharpen their athletic skills in one of the many summer camps sponsored by Penn’s athletic teams? Or, if they’re not budding pro athletes, the PennKids summer camp offers children the chance to discover the world around them and engage in fun recreational activities.
Now is the time to learn about and sign up for Penn’s summer camps. A list of the various camps appears below; in addition, some camps sponsor information sessions where parents can meet with staff and learn about camp programs. All camps meet on the Penn campus unless otherwise noted.
Detailed brochures, including fees, requirements and registration information for Penn’s sports camps, are available by clicking on the “Camps” link at www.pennathletics.com. Information and registration forms for PennKids can be found at www.upenn.edu/recreation/pennkids.
- PennKids Summer Camp: Day camp for boys and girls. Six one-week sessions from June 21-25 to July 26-30.
- Quaker Baseball Camp: For boys entering grades 10 through 12. Two sessions: July 29-31 and Aug. 5-7.
- Quaker Basketball Camp: For boys and girls ages 7 to 18. Two sessions: June 21-25 and June 28-July 2.
- Kelly Greenberg Basketball Camp: A weekend overnight camp for girls ages 7 to 15. June 18-20 at Briarwood Camp, Buckingham, Pa.
- Junior Fencing Camp: For boys and girls ages 14 to 17. Aimed at the experienced competitor. Three one-week sessions: July 18-24, July 25-31 and Aug. 1-7.
- Elite Field Hockey Camp: For advanced field hockey players entering grades 10 through pre-college. Aug. 8-12.
- Al Bagnoli All-Star Football Camp: For boys entering grades 7 through 12. July 25-28.
- Gymnastics Camp: For boys and girls. Seven one-week sessions from June 14-18 through July 26-30.
- All-Star Lacrosse Camp: For boys entering grades 9 through 12. July 18-21.
- Elite Lacrosse Camp: For girls entering grade 10 through pre-college. July 6-9.
- Penn Soccer Academy: Two residential camps for girls at the Hill School, Pottstown, Pa., and two day camps for girls and boys ages 7-14. Residential sessions: July 14-18 (college prep, for girls entering grade 9 through pre-college) and July 19-23 (for girls ages 11 to 14). Day sessions: June 14-18 and July 26-30.
- Penn Tennis Camps: Junior camp for boys and girls ages 6 to 16. Three sessions: Aug. 9-13, Aug. 16-20 and Aug. 23-27. Training camp for high school juniors and seniors, Aug. 14-15.
- Nike Volleyball Camp: For girls. Two sessions: Session I (general skills, ages 10 to 18), Aug. 7-10; Session II (high potential, ages 14 to 18), Aug. 12-15.
- Wrestling Camps: Three levels—team competition, intensive training and technique, for boys. Three sessions: June 16-20, June 27-July 1 at Pace University, Pleasantville, N.Y., and July 5-10 at the University of Maryland-Baltimore County.
Originally published on April 15, 2004