Christmas Eve may be a "silent night" by "World Cafe" standards, but they'll make up for it the next day with a rockin' Christmas celebration. The Cafe crew will also fill the holidays with live visits from alterna-rockers moe and They Might Be Giants and encore performances from Lyle Lovett and Keb' Mo'. Here are the highlights of the "World Cafe" schedule for the rest of the year:
- Thursday, Dec. 3 Sony/550 Music cult rockers moe perform music from their new release "Tin Cans and Car Tires" in the studio
- Friday, Dec. 4 A visit from Texas troubador Jimmie Dale Gilmore
- Monday, Dec. 7 An encore presentation of Sinead Lohan's studio visit
- Tuesday, Dec. 8 Jim's Big Ego pay a studio visit
- Wednesday, Dec. 9 Harpist Andreas Vollenweider talks with David Dye
- Thursday, Dec. 10 They Might Be Giants visit the Cafe
- Friday, Dec. 11 Micky Hart's Planet Drum invade the Tongue & Groove Studios
- Monday, Dec. 14 A Lyle Lovett encore presentation
- Tuesday, Dec. 15 A performance and interview with Montreal chanteuse Lhasa
- Wednesday, Dec. 16 The Nields visit the studio
- Thursday, Dec. 17 Martin Sexton performs selections from his latest album, "The American"
- Friday, Dec. 18 Allison Kraus visits Tongue & Groove Studios
- Monday, Dec. 21 An encore presentation of Keb' Mo's studio visit
- Tuesday, Dec. 22 The Best of the World Cafe
- Wednesday, Dec. 23 The Best of Tongue & Groove
- Thursday, Dec. 24 The Cafe celebrates Christmas with quiet music
- Friday, Dec. 25 It's a rockin' Christmas at the World Cafe!
- Monday, Dec. 28 A roundup of the best of this year's acoustic performances
- Thursday, Dec. 31 A special year-end World Cafe Dance Party
"The World Cafe", which is heard on more than 100 public radio stations nationwide, is produced by WXPN-FM (88.5) and airs locally from 2 to 7 p.m. weekdays. All live appearances air during the 3 to 4 p.m. hour.
Front page for this issue | Pennsylvania Current home page
Originally published on December 3, 1998