Actually, we don't know whether Natalie Merchant will actually play the piano when she visits Tongue & Groove Studios on "The World Cafe" Feb. 19; you'll have to tune in and find out. There's plenty of other great stuff to tune into as well these next two weeks:
- Thursday, Feb. 11 Cake talks with David Dye and performs music from their latest album, "Prolonging the Magic"
- Friday, Feb. 12 Rusted Root perform songs from their self-titled recent album at the Tin Angel
- Monday, Feb. 15 An encore presentation of Ellis Paul's studio visit
- Tuesday, Feb. 16 "Laissez les bons temps rouler" - it's the Cafe's Mardi Gras party
- Wednesday, Feb. 17 Bluesman George "Wild Child" Butler talks about and plays music from his latest release, "The Devil Made Me Do It"
- Thursday, Feb. 18 Boston blues sensation Susan Tedeschi visits the studio
- Friday, Feb. 19 Natalie Merchant visits Tongue & Groove for an interview and performance from her latest release, "Ophelia"
- Monday, Feb. 22 An encore presentation of Duncan Sheik's studio visit
- Tuesday, Feb. 23 MCA Nashville recording artist Allison Moorer performs music from her debut album, "Alabama Song"
- Wednesday, Feb. 24 Tuck & Patti talk with David Dye and perform music from their new release, "Paradise Found"
"The World Cafe", which is heard on more than 100 public radio stations nationwide, is produced by WXPN-FM (88.5) and airs locally from 2 to 7 p.m. weekdays. All live appearances air during the 3 to 4 p.m. hour.
Front page for this issue | Pennsylvania Current home page
Originally published on February 11, 1999