The new Term, Alumni and Commonwealth Trustees attended their first Board meeting on Feb. 17.
The three new Term Trustees, who were appointed on Oct. 31, 1998 and will serve until Oct. 30, 2003, are:
- Dr. Mitchell J. Blutt (C'78, M 82, W'87), Executive Partner at Chase Capital Partners in New York and an adjunct professor at New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center;
- Mitchell I. Quain (EE'73), Executive Vice President of ING Baring Furman Selz and former managing director of Wertheim Schroder & Company, Inc.; and
- David M. Silfen (C'66), a limited partner of Goldman Sachs & Company, a New York-based investment firm.
The two new Alumni Trustees, who were named on Jan. 1, 1999 and will serve until Dec. 31, 2003, are:
- Alan G. Hassenfeld (C'70), Chairman and CEO of Hasbro, Inc. and a past member of the Brown University Board of Trustees; and
- David P. Montgomery (C'68, WG'70), President and CEO of the Philadelphia Phillies Baseball Club and the chairman of the Schuylkill Valley Nature Center Capital Campaign.
The new Commonwealth Trustee, Robert A. Gleason Jr. (W'61) ("Appointments," Current, Jan. 28), will serve a term concurrent with that of Pennsylvania Senate President Pro Tempore Robert Jubelirer.
Front page for this issue | Pennsylvania Current home page
Originally published on February 25, 1999