What does a world-rock sensation do for an encore? "World Cafe" listeners can find out March 12, when Beck talks with host David Dye about his latest album. There's plenty of good stuff before and after that, though:
- Thursday, Feb 25 V2 recording artists Mercury Rev perform work from their latest album, "Deserter's Songs"
- Friday, Feb 26 Liz Phair joins David for a performance and interview featuring music from her latest album, "Whitechocolatespaceegg"
- Monday, Feb 27 An encore presentation of Beth Orton's visit
- Tuesday, March 2 Flat Duo Jets perform music from their newest album, "Lucky Eye"
- Wednesday, March 3 It's Banjo Day on the World Cafe!
- Thursday, March 4 New Orleans' favorite Tex-Mex band, The Iguanas
- Friday, March 5 Cry, Cry, Cry visit Dye in the studios
- Monday, March 8 An encore presentation of Junior Brown's studio visit
- Tuesday, March 9 The Cigar Store Indians visit David in the studio
- Wednesday, March 10 Singer/songwriter David Olney drops by for a performance and interview
- Thursday, March 11 A visit with Gomez at the S.W. Network studios in New York
- Friday, March 12 Beck talks to Dye about his latest album, "Mutations"
- Monday, March 15 An encore presentation of Golden Smog's visit
- Tuesday, March 16 Brad Roberts of the Crash Test Dummies drops by the Cafe studios
- Wednesday, March 17 The World Cafe celebrates St. Patrick's Day
"The World Cafe", which is heard on more than 100 public radio stations nationwide, is produced by WXPN (88.5 FM) and airs locally from 2 to 7 p.m. weekdays. All live appearances air during the 3 to 4 p.m. hour.
Front page for this issue | Pennsylvania Current home page
Originally published on February 25, 1999