A number of new releases, including debut albums by two artists, are featured on "The World Cafe" these next two weeks, along with studio visits from familiar faces.
- Thursday, April 15 Boston's very own Gigolo Aunts perform music from their latest album, "Minor Chords and Major Themes"
- Friday, April 16 Indigenous visits Philadelphia's Tongue & Groove studios to play music from "Things We Do"
- Monday, April 19 An encore presentation of David Wilcox's visit
- Tuesday, April 20 Columbia recording artist Tal Bachman plays music from his self-titled debut
- Wednesday, April 21 A chat with singer/songwriter Peter Himmelman about his newest release, "Love Thinketh No Evil"
- Thursday, April 22 "Popera" sensation Rufus Wainwright talks with David Dye and plays music from his self-titled debut
- Friday, April 23 Steve Earle and the Del McCoury Band visit the studio
- Monday, April 26 Beth Orton drops by Tongue & Groove Studios.
- Tuesday, April 27 It's Banjo Day on the World Cafe!
- Wednesday, April 28 The World Cafe celebrates the Boston music scene with visits from Geoff Muldaur and Peter Wolf
- Thursday, April 29 The New Radicals drop by for a performance and interview featuring music from "Maybe You've Been Brainwashed Too"
"The World Cafe", which is heard on more than 100 public radio stations nationwide, is produced by WXPN-FM (88.5) and airs locally from 2 to 7 p.m. weekdays. All live appearances air during the 3 to 4 p.m. hour.
Front page for this issue | Pennsylvania Current home page | What's On
Originally published on April 15, 1999