Usually, the world comes to Philadelphia to appear on "The World Cafe." Next week, though, it's the Cafe that will travel - to Milwaukee, for a special concert recorded live at Milwaukee Public Radio, WUWM-FM (89.7), which airs the program from 7 to 10 p.m. weeknights. But that's not all that's in store these next two weeks:
- Thursday, April 29 The New Radicals visit the studio for a chat and performance featuring music from "Maybe You've Been Brainwashed Too"
- Friday, April 30 Beck talks with David Dye and performs work from his latest release, "Mutations"
- Monday, May 3 An encore presentation of Tuck and Patti's Cafe visit
- Tuesday, May 4 Singer/songwriter Michelle Lewis performs music from her new album "Little Leviathan"
- Wednesday, May 5 Statesboro, Georgia's very own Brooks Williams drops by the studio to play music from his newest release, "Hundred Year Shadow"
- Thursday, May 6 The World Cafe presents a special concert recorded live at Milwaukee's WUWM featuring performances by Patti Larkin, Robbie Fulks and Todd Snider
- Friday, May 7 Rykodisc recording artist and Los Lobos frontman Cesar Rosas talks with David Dye and performs music from his solo debut "Soul Disguise"
- Monday, May 10 An encore presentation of the Hank Dogs' visit to the World Cafe studios
- Tuesday, May 11 West Africa's Habib Koite drops by for a performance and interview
- Wednesday, May 12 Former professional boxer Paul Thorn plays songs from his latest release, "Ain't Love Strange"
"The World Cafe", which is heard on more than 100 public radio stations nationwide, is produced by WXPN-FM (88.5) and airs locally from 2 to 7 p.m. weekdays. All live appearances air during the 3 to 4 p.m. hour.
Front page for this issue | Pennsylvania Current home page
Originally published on April 29, 1999