What sorts of events would pack the house for Penn p.m., the campus alternative
to tying one on? It seems that bright lights, big city scored well with
the people we talked to. So did outdoor movies, but as the weathers getting
colder, ice skating may be more appropriate. In the meantime, let us note
that our respondents subscribe to much the same axiom as we do: Serve free
food, and we will come.
- Erica Fruiterman, College, Class of 01
"Well, Id try to get people into the city more. Ive
met juniors who dont know the city, dont know how to get
around the city, and I think its sad. This city has so much to
- Marni Zack, College, Class of 03
"Maybe ice skating, and free food is always good."
- Erik Lu, College, Class of 03
"Video night, like video movie night. Theyre doing karaoke
tonight, too, and it should be good. Maybe also more language tables,
like people coming together to talk about a shared interest."
- Teresa Zien, Wharton, Class of 00
"A movie at the Cinemagic or a big auditorium, like at Annenberg."
- Jason Feldman, Engineering, Class of 02
"Id be interested in Penn volleyball or hockey games with
giveaways. Or ice skating."
- Qi Cao, Engineering, Class of 02
"I like the movie on College Green idea. Id also be interested
in ice skating or a night out on the town."
- Sara Braunstein, College, Class of 00
"I think an on-campus event like A Taste of Philadelphia
with a sampling of different cuisines would be fun."
- Sunny Wong, Engineering, Class of 03
"Ice skating, ice cream socials or dinners."
- Adam Harris, College, Class of 00
"I like the big-screen movies in the Quad."
- Shahab Rashid, College, Class of 02
"A trip to Six Flags, or more trips to King of Prussia or things
- Elizabeth Rode, College, Class of 01
"Id like to see events out in the city away from campus."
- Kim Phan, College, Class of 01
"If they could have a day of sporting events, that could be so
much fun. Anything with free food people would love."
- Paul Falcigno, College, Class of 02
"I like stuff like the concerts. Movies would be cool on the green."
- Katie Alex, Grace Enriquez and Laura Spadanuta
page for this issue | Pennsylvania
Current home page
Originally published on October 14, 1999