Note for TV and radio: The University of Pennsylvania has an on-campus ISDN line and ready access to a satellite uplink facility with live-shot capability.
- Dr. Burke-White just finished a two-year term on Sec. Clinton’s Policy Planning staff, where he provided advice on multilateral issues, international institutions, the Russian Federation and relations with Libya.
- Nationally recognized expert on international law, global human rights, international economic law, foreign policy and international relations.
- Expert in the cultural dimensions of journalism, with emphasis on journalist authority, and journalistic images in times of crisis and war.
- As the author of the just-published About to Die: How News Images Move the Public, she can discuss the impact of images of Gaddafi's mutilated body.
Professor of Communication
University of Pennsylvania
- Prof. Kraidy is an expert on Middle East media. He studies global communication, media institutions, public discourse, western influence on Arab media.
- He is currently in the Middle East conducting field research and can provide view of the situation from someone who is “on the ground” in that corner of the world.