WHAT: Dedication of the green roof replacement atop Kings Court English House that now features a perimeter of low maintenance, weather resistant greenery surrounding an upgraded patio adjacent to an existing penthouse.
WHEN: The event will be held 4:30-6:30 p.m., Monday, Sept. 22, with remarks scheduled at 5:30 p.m.
WHERE: Kings Court English House, 3465 Sansom St., Philadelphia
DETAILS: Benefits provided by the green roof include:
• Temperature reduction on the building’s top floor during warm weather through evaporative cooling
• Moderate winter temperature swings on the building’s top floor due to enhanced insulation
• Extended roof life as the greenery protects the roof from ultraviolet rays and frost
• Retention of storm water will help manage campus discharge and prevent local flooding
• Reduced carbon dioxide impact on the environment