PHILADELPHIA ā- Five University of Pennsylvania faculty members have been named Fellows of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences. They are among 212 new Fellows and 16 Foreign Honorary Members recognized as some of the worldās most accomplished leaders from academia, business,
public affairs, the humanities and the arts.
The new AAAS Fellows at Penn are:
- Jonathan Epstein, professor and chair, Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, School of Medicine.
- Katherine High, professor of pediatrics, School of Medicine.
- C. Brian Rose, professor of classical studies and archaeology, School of Arts and Sciences, and curator-in-charge, Mediterranean Section, Penn Museum.
- Thomas Sugrue, professor of history and sociology, School of Arts and Sciences.
- Amita Sehgal, professor and vice chair, Department of Neuroscience, and co-director, Comprehensive Neuroscience Center, School of Medicine.
A full list of the new Academy members announced today is at http://www.amacad.org/news/alphalist2011.pdf.