Shadowing Day, a city-wide program for 9th-grade students in the Philadelphia School District, coordinated by the Philadelphia Youth Network. The visiting students will spend the day learning about the host workplace, the kind of jobs the employees are doing and the education and experience needed to get such jobs.
The staff of the Netter Center for Community Partnerships at the University of Pennsylvania will host 18 students from Fitzsimons and West Philadelphia High schools.
Tuesday, Feb. 2
The Netter offices and conference room, 133 S. 36th St., 5th Floor
The Shadowing Day schedule includes:
· 8:30 a.m. -- The students arrive and have refreshments
· 9 -- Welcome by Glenn Bryan, assistant vice
president of community relations
· 9:20 -- Panel presentation: “Impact of Education on Your Future”
· 11 -- Visits with mentors in Penn offices:
· Annenberg School for Communication, African American Resource Center, Alumni Relations, Department of Psychology, Wharton School and radio station WXPN (best photo opportunity)
· 12:15 p.m.-- Lunch at the Netter Center
· 1:15 -- College tour
· 1:45 -- Essay writing and wrap-up
3 -- Dismissal