As part of the Arts and the City Year event series, the University of Pennsylvania will hold its first “Arts Crawl,” a full day of events offered by more than two dozen arts and culture groups.
Arts and Culture groups from campus, as well as the Philadelphia region
WHEN & WHERE:
Friday, Nov. 20. Events are held throughout day:
· 8:30–9 a.m.: Penn Libraries exhibition: Werner-Pfeiffer: Book Objects & Artist Books, Kamin Gallery, First Floor, Van Pelt-Dietrich Library Center, 3420 Walnut St.
· 9 a.m.-5 p.m.: Trauma, Trash and Triumph: Images from the Health of Philadelphia Photo-documentation Project, Bob and Penny Fox Art Gallery, 249 S. 36th St.
· 10 a.m.-3 p.m., College House Student Film Festival, McClelland Hall, 3650 Spruce St.
· 10 a.m.-5 p.m., MFA Art Exhibition, Addams Gallery, First Floor, Charles Addams Hall, 200 S. 36th St.
· 10 a.m.-5 p.m., “Ben's House, Designing History at Franklin Court,” Kroiz Gallery, 220 S. 34th St.
· 11 a.m.-3 p.m., “Out on a Limb!” Morris Arboretum, 100 E. Northwestern Ave.
· Noon, XPN Free At Noon Concert with Grant Lee Phillips/Bob Schneider. RSVP @ XPN.orgWXPN; WXPN/ World Cafe Live, 3025 Walnut St.
· Noon-6 pm: The Arts Crawl Art-In sponsored by the Penn Art Club allows art lovers of all experience levels to express themselves in their choice of media, Terrace Room, Cohen Hall, 249 S. 36th St.
· Noon-7 p.m., David Guinn and Jim Hinz exhibit, University City Arts League, 4226 Spruce St.
· Noon-8 p.m., Various exhibits, Institute for Contemporary Arts, 118 S. 36th St.
· 1-3 p.m., Collaborative writing activities, Kelly Writers House and The New Philadelphia Poets, Kelly Writers House, 3805 Locust Walk
· 1:30-3:30 p.m., “Jacob Lawrence and the Urban Experience,” Arthur Ross Gallery, 220 S. 34th St.
· 2-5 p.m., Arts exhibit, Rodin College House, 3901 Locust Walk
· 2-5 p.m., College House Student Film Festival, McClelland Hall, 3650 Spruce St.
· 2--4 p.m., “Iraq's Ancient Past: Rediscovering Ur's Royal Cemetery,” Penn Museum, 3620 South St.
· 2-8 p.m., Local artists, Artist in Residence Gallery Exhibit, 4007 Chestnut St., First Floor
· 4-6 p.m., Student artwork, Graduate Student Center, 3615 Locust Walk
· 4-6p.m., Creative writing workshop and open-mic poetry slam, Penn Bookstore, 3601 Walnut St.
· 4-6 p.m., Murals by Sam Maitin, Christian Association House, 118 S. 37th St.
· 6-7 p.m., Café Poetry readings from Kelly Writers House, Penn Bookstore, 3601 Walnut St.
· 7-9 pm., Penn MFA Benefit Auction, Meyerson Hall, 210 S. 34th St.
· 8 p.m., Bowerbird presents local and international musicians, The Rotunda, 4014 Walnut St.
· 8 p.m., Pennchants and Quaker Notes a cappella performances, Dunlop Auditorium, Stemmler Hall, 34th Street and Hamilton Walk
· 8 p.m., “Our Town” by Thornton Wilde, Bruce E. Montgomery Theater, Annenberg Center, 3680 Walnut St.
· 8 p.m., A cappella group “Off The Beat,” Harrison Auditorium, (Penn Museum, 3620 South St.
· 8:30 p.m., “Up on Stage,” Penn's open mic series, Platt Student Performing Arts House, 3702 Spruce St, 160 Stouffer Commons
· 9 p.m. (doors open at 8 p.m.), Musical performances, The Swimmers and Goldspot with The Black Fortys, World Cafe Life Upstairs, 3025 Walnut St.
· 9:30 p.m.: Finish up at Annenberg After Hours,Annenberg Center, for a free arts party with food and dancing
Additional information, including pricing and ticket information, is available at www.vpul.upenn.edu/platthouse/artscrawl.php.