WHO: Penn’s Field Center for Children’s Policy, Practice & Research at the University of Pennsylvania. Guest speakers include:
• Penn President Amy Gutmann
• Montgomery County District Attorney Risa Vetri Ferman
• Philadelphia Family Court Administrative Judge Kevin Dougherty
• Richard Gelles, Dean, Penn School of Social Policy & Practice
WHAT: An anniversary reception, celebrating five years of making a difference in child welfare, with key accomplishments such as:
• Bringing together technology experts, child-welfare leaders and government officials to develop portable technology.
• Creating an advocacy center in Montgomery County, Pa., so that child victims of sexual abuse do not undergo multiple interviews with several different people.
• Establishing a new county-wide medical clinic for victims of sexual and physical abuse.
The Field Center brings together Penn’s School of Social Policy & Practice, School of Law and School of Medicine and the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia to improve the child-welfare system and the lives of child-abuse and neglect victims.
This reception is open to the press.
WHERE: New Please Touch Museum
4231 Ave. of the Republic, Philadelphia
WHEN: Thursday, April 23, 2009, 6-8 p.m.