Environmental scientists from the University of Pennsylvania are holding a one-day symposium to inform the Penn community, the media and the public about the challenges and opportunities of climate science. The symposium will showcase the diversity of climate-related research at Penn and will include presentations by three internationally known climate scientists.
Additional information: www.sas.upenn.edu/earth/climate_sym.html
- Brent Helliker, Impacts of Climate Change on Plant Ecology and Evolution, Penn
- Ron Stouffer, Future Climate Change: What Can We Expect, Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory, author of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change 2007 Summary for Policymakers
- Tony Broccoli, Regional Perspectives on Past and Future Climate Change, Rutgers University
- Eric Orts, Climate Contracts: Future Regulation of Greenhouse Gas Emissions, Penn
- Robert Schaffer, lead author of the IPCC 2007 Report on Mitigation, Impacts of Climate Change on Energy Security, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro
WHEN: Friday, May 1, 2009; 8 a.m. to 3:30 pm