WHAT: The Taste of Penn will offer University of Pennsylvania students the opportunity to sample and rate a variety of healthy dishes made with locally sourced ingredients from 12 area vendors.
Based on an Olympic theme in honor of Pennās Year of Games, the event will feature recipes using My Plate, the federal governmentās new dietary guide that replaces the food pyramid. Students will be given gold, silver and bronze coins to use to vote for their favorite recipes.
The featured recipes will include:
- Yogurt Parfait Panna Cotta, an alternative breakfast entreee;
- Blackened Tofu and Roasted Red Pepper Sauce on a Bed of Cucumber and Tomato Slaw
- Creole Beef Grillades and Cheese Grits
- Brown Rice Balls Stuffed with roasted eggplant tomato filling
- Pear- Ginger Salsa Tostada
WHO: Chefs with Bon Appetit, Pennās dining hall vendor, will each feature a dish using a local product supplied by area growers and one of the main categories of the plate -- dairy, protein, grain, fruit or vegetable -- so that students can try new recipes for next year.
WHERE: Bodek Lounge, Houston Hall
3417 Spruce St.
WHEN: 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday, April 24