The 10 RealArts@Penn summer internship positions arenât jobs for gophers or work experiences that look better on resumes than in real life.
For the fourth consecutive summer, RealArts@Penn interns will work with professionals in creative arts and with companies such as Rolling Stone magazine, Brooklyn Films, Shore Fire Media and Nickelodeon Animation Studios.
Each sought after internship has a $4,000 stipend. The students who have been awarded the internships are:
- Samantha Apfel, a sophomore in the College of Arts and Sciences and film editor of 34th Street Magazine. who will intern with Shore Fire Media.
- Danny Eisenberg, a junior cinema-studies major, who will work with writers David Stern and Stuart Gibbs in Los Angeles.
- Frida Garza, a junior majoring in English with a creative-writing concentration and a minor in economics, is headed to Viacom Creative Services, formerly MTV Creative Services.
- Jake Lasker, who is majoring in economics at the Wharton School with an entertainment and media concentration, will intern at Original Film.
- Faryn Pearl, a junior classical-studies major, will be at Nickelodeon Animation Studios.
- Samantha Sharon, a sophomore in communications and art history, will intern at The Jewish Museum in New York.
- Nihaar Sinha, a junior at Wharton with finance and statistics concentrations and a minor in English, will work with producer/director Jon Avnet at Brooklyn Films in Los Angeles.
- Amanda Wolkin, a junior majoring in English with a concentration in creative writing, will intern at Philadelphia Magazine.
- Nina Wolpow, a junior studying English with an emphasis in creative writing and minoring in Hispanic studies, will go to Rolling Stone.
- Jun Yoeb (JY) Le, a junior at Wharton pursuing a B.A. in economics (management) will intern with The Philadelphia Inquirer editorial blog.
More information about the RealArts@Penn program is available at http://writing.upenn.edu/realarts/.