- Jacob Blumenfeld-Gantz, a 2012 diplomatic history and operations and information management major, is applying to the University of Oxford for a Master of Public Policy.
- Elena Jaya Gooray, a senior majoring in cognitive science, is applying to the University of Edinburgh for an M.Sc. in cognition in science and technology.
- Cassi Joanna Henderson, a senior majoring in bioengineering, is applying to Kingâs College for an M.Sc. in engineering and business administration.
- Tarub Sayeed Mabud, a senior majoring in statistics, healthcare management and biology, is applying to the University of Cambridge for an M.Phil. in epidemiology
- Allison Mishkin, a 2011 graduate in computer science and society, is applying to the University of Oxford for an M.Sc. in the social science of the Internet.
The Thouron Award, a graduate exchange program between Penn and British universities, exists to improve relations between the United States and the U.K. Thouron Award winners receive tuition and stipends for one or two years depending on the time required to earn their graduate degrees.
The Thouron Award was established and is supported by gifts from Sir John Thouron and Esther du Pont, Lady Thouron, of Unionville, Pa.
Graduating Penn seniors, current Penn graduate or professional students and recent Penn graduates who are U.S. citizens are eligible to apply.