Nine University of Pennsylvania students and five Penn alumni have been awarded scholarships to participate in Fulbright international educational exchange program. More than 1,500 U.S. citizens will travel abroad for one year of foreign study in one of 155 foreign countries, sponsored by the U.S. State Department and the J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board.
Media Contact:Jordan Reese | email@example.com | 215-573-6604March 20, 2008
PHILADELPHIA -– The preservation of ancient Maya sites, efforts to sustain modern Maya cultural traditions and the need to conserve vanishing tropical forests and coastal environments are all are on the agenda April 11-13 when the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology collaborates with the Nature Conservancy to present its 26th annual Maya Weekend. This year’s theme is “The Future of the Maya World.”
Media Contact:Jeanne Leong | firstname.lastname@example.org | 215-573-8151March 15, 2007
Dr. Ali Dinar
* Outreach director of Penn's Africana Studies Center
* Born in the Sudan, studied at the University of Khartoum before receiving his Ph.D. from Penn
Dr. Eve Troutt Powell
* Associate professor of history and Africana Studies
* Cultural historian of Africa and the Middle East
* Publications include "A Different Shade of Colonialism: Egypt, Great Britain and the Mastery of the Sudan."