Civitas by Design
Building Better Communities, from the Garden City to the New Urbanism
Howard Gillette, Jr.
2010 | 240 pages | Cloth $34.95 | Paper $22.50
American History | Public Policy
View main book page
Table of Contents
1. Progressive Reform Through Environmental Intervention
2. The Garden City in America
3. The City: Film as Artifact
4. The Evolution of Neighborhood Planning
5. The Planned Shopping Center in Suburb and City
6. James Rouse and American City Planning
7. The New Urbanism: ''Organizing Things That Matter'
8. Civitas in the Design of Low-Income Housing