The Quest for Respect in the Motor City
2012 | 320 pages | Cloth $45.00 | Paper $22.50
Social Science | General | Geography
View main book page
Table of Contents
Prologue. Two Daughters of Detroit
1. Riding on the Freeway: A Riff on the Place Called Motown
2. Sculpting Detroit: Polity and Economy Trump Geology
3. From Fort to Ford to . . . ?
4. From Old World to Old South and Old Testament
5. Who Will Feast on the Fruits of Labor?
6. Turf Wars
7. Wrestling for Pieces of the Proletarian Pie
8. Feasting on Fear
9. The Dynamics of Decay, Abandonment, and Bankruptcy
10. What Drives Detroiters?
11. From Motown to Mortropolis
Epilogue. Two Daughters of Detroit Revisited