Hand-mixed glazes from local ingredients produce unique ceramics that reflect the nearby environment. This colorful and concise book guides artists through natural glaze discovery and blending. With just a basic understanding of science and the local landscape, ceramics artists can create amazing effects.
2013 | 112 pages | Paper $29.95
Arts and Crafts
View main book page
Table of Contents
1. What is a ceramic glaze?
2. Recognizing natural glaze materials
3. Preparing materials
4. Glazes from rocks
5. Glazes from plants and animals
6. Making your glaze
7. Glaze application and firing
8. Found clay bodies
9. Natural materials for raku firing
10. Artists working with natural materials
12. Health and safety