The Sheerr Pool is open for recreational swim during posted hours. It is recommended to check the Department of Recreation website on a regular basis for updated information in regards to altered pool hours. The following guidelines apply while using the pool:
Use of pool is voluntary and should be done at your own risk.
- Swim only when lifeguards are on duty
- Shower before entering the pool or Sauna
- Wear clean, appropriate swim wear
- No see through materials
- Infants are required to wear swim diapers
- No long sleeved shirts or long pants permitted
- The use of swim caps is preferred
- Dive only in designated areas (on the south side deep end)
- Be considerate of others and share the pool space
- Do not hang on lane lanes. Pass under lane lines to exit pool or change lanes
- Use only US Coast Guard approved lifejackets
- Clear the pool immediately when an emergency signal is given
- Children must be supervised.
- Children under the age of 6 must be supervised from in the water.
- Children under the age of 16 must be supervised from on the pool deck
- Inflatable floatation devices, including inner tubes, life jackets, and water wings are NOT permitted.
- Food and drink should be kept off the pool deck. One unbreakable (non-glass) container is permitted for liquids)
- Do not chew gum in or around the pool
- Use of diving board and starting blocks is NOT permitted
- No flipping or diving backwards from the side of the pool
- Do not use the pool if you have open sores, a rash, or have experienced diarrhea in the past two weeks
- No aggressive play or roughhousing
- No spitting
- No public displays of affection
- No underwater breath holding activities are permitted
- Diaper changing and/or changing clothes on the pool deck are NOT permitted
- Individual or group swim instruction will be offered in the pool
- Swim instruction by anyone who is not employed as a Campus Recreation Swim Instructor is prohibited
- Swim lessons should take place in lanes 1 or 6 and patrons may be asked to accommodate these lessons.
- Patrons under the influence of alcohol and/or illegal drugs are not permitted.
Subscribe to the AQUATICS LISTSERV
If you would like to be updated on the pool schedule, activities, or pool programming consider signing up to receive emails from our newly created aquatics list-serve.
To join the list-serve email Katie Gold with the following:
Body: Email, First, Last Name