BLUE CROSS Reimbursement
Healthy Lifestyles helps you stay motivated by offering you big incentives to adopt a more active life. After you enroll in the fitness program and complete 120 workouts in 365 days, you’ll be eligible for a reimbursement of up to $150.
Participants, including dependents, must be age 18 or older at the time of enrollment. Members must have active managed care coverage.
To join the Healthy Lifestyles fitness program, complete these simple steps:
- Enroll in a Campus Recreation membership and log your workouts. Your workouts must include continuous cardiovascular, flexibility, and resistance training and last a minimum of 30 minutes. Record each workout using one of the methods listed below.
- You may record only one workout per day with a minimum of eight hours between logged workouts. After you complete 120 workouts, you won’t need to record workouts again until your anniversary date, when we will automatically reenroll you in the fitness program (pending eligibility).
- Request your reimbursement. Send the following materials no later than 90 days after your anniversary date.*
- A completed reimbursement form (available at ibx.com)
- Proof of payment
- Printed List of 120 visits (see the ‘How to Record Your Workouts’ section)
*For the purposes of this program, your anniversary date is the date you enrolled with Healthy Lifestyles.
Mail your form and documentation to:
Independence Blue Cross
Attention: Healthy Lifestyle Fitness Program
1901 Market Street
P.O. BOX 41880
Philadelphia, PA 19101-9131
For the purposes of the Fitness Program, your anniversary date is the date you enrolled with Healthy Lifestyles. Your Fitness Program anniversary date should not be confused with the date you joined the fitness center. We will issue only one reimbursement per member per 365-day enrollment period.
Reimbursement rules and requirements
- You must complete 120 workouts during your 365-day Fitness Program enrollment period.
- You must maintain managed care coverage with Independence Blue Cross between the time of program enrollment and completion of the program requirements. If your plan coverage changes during your program, you may become ineligible for reimbursement.
- Only one reimbursement will be issued per member per 365-day program enrollment period.
- “Backdating” of Fitness Program enrollment, workout dates, and/or logging in for another member is prohibited.
- Falsification of information in order to receive your reimbursement is strictly prohibited.
How to record your workouts
Each time you visit a Penn Campus Recreation facility, be sure to have your PennCard swiped or punched into the system either at the Front Security desk or via the Membership Office. Once your anniversary date approaches, stop by the Membership Office so a list of your visits can be printed for reimbursement.
- Visit ibx.press.com for program details.
- Call the Health Resources Center at 1-800-ASK-BLUE (TDD 888-857-4816), Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET.