General Membership Policies
You may cancel your membership within three business days of your join date and receive a full refund. After that, 30 days notice must be given in order to cancel. Please see below for information regarding general membership cancellation policies.
- If a member fails to abide by the policies outlined in the Membership User Agreement/Waiver, their membership may be suspended or cancelled by management.
- Advanced notice must be given for all membership cancellations (see below for more details).
- Current memberships will expire August 31, 2017
- Effective July 1, members eligible to renew for the upcoming year.
** Our cancellation policy is subject to change at the discretion of the Penn Campus Recreation Membership Office Staff from year to year. Our decision on all questions regarding construction or interpretation of these policies is final. We may change these policies at any time without notice in our sole discretion.
For questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact the Membership Services Office.
Paid in Full Cancellation
If you paid in full, you must meet one of the following provisions to cancel:
- Relocation outside of Philadelphia county & the bordering counties of Pennsylvania and New Jersey
- Must be able to provide proof of relocation (a utility bill, a new lease/mortgage, or other evidence of relocation)
- See the map to the right
- Personal Health Reasons
- Must provide a letter that is signed and dated by your primary doctor/physician’s on their letterhead that specifically states you are unable to use our facility for remainder of your membership term
- Family Health Reasons (disability or death)
- Termination of employment or change in academic status with the University of Pennsylvania (excluding graduation)
Installment Plan Cancellation
- Monthly charges are submitted between the first and fifth of each month.
- To cancel your membership within the current month, submit your cancellation by the 15th of the current month. Example: Jane Doe wants her membership to end April 30. Therefore, Jane must submit her cancellation request on or before April 15.
- Immediate Membership Cancellation for Medical Reasons Only
- You are required to provide a letter that is signed and dated by your primary doctor/physician on their letterhead that specifically states you are unable to use our facility for the remainder of your membership term.
Payroll Deduction Cancellation
- 30-days advanced notice must be given for all payroll deduction memberships
- Immediate Membership Cancellation does not apply