PennFit Incentive Program
Welcome to PennFit! The Department of Recreation has developed two distinctive incentive programs intended to provide all Penn faculty, staff, and students with free education, motivation, and rewards as each individual works toward achieving their personal health, fitness, and wellness goals.
PennFit RESULTS is our free healthy lifestyle education program open to members and non-members of the Penn community. PennFit RESULTS offers monthly educational courses, lectures, workshops, and activities that are focused on health, fitness, and wellness. PennFit REWARDS points and/or prizes are awarded to participants who attend these activities throughout the academic year. Samples of PennFit RESULTS offerings are below:
- Fitness and Wellness Track: A 7-week course focusing on learning the basic cardiovascular and strength training exercise principles. Focus is on program design to improve your health and wellness.
- *NEW*Advanced Strength and Conditioning Track: A 6-week course providing advanced cardiovascular and strength training principles to take your fitness program to the next level. It is recommended that you complete the Fitness & Wellness track OR consistent, weekly exercise training for at least 6 months prior to registering for this track.
- Healthy Eating Track: A 6-week course providing tips, techniques, and activities to improve your lifestyle through healthy eating.
- Stress Management Track: A 6-week course utilizing physical activities such as Yoga, massage, and relaxation to manage stress.
Fitness/Wellness RESULTS classes are held in the Fox Fitness Center, located at Gate 2, Franklin Field. Register online (Quick Links/Registration) to reserve your spot today! Healthy Eating and Stress Management RESULTS classes are held at the Pottruck Center Wellness Suite.
- *NEW* Advanced Strength & Conditioning:
- Healthy Eating:
- Stress Management:
Tuesdays, May 21 - July 2, 5:30 - 6:30pm
PennFit Bonus Seminars and Activities
Please call Membership Services 215.898.6100 to register for all Bonus Seminars and Activities.
SUMMER 2013 - All Sessions in the Pottruck Wellness Suite - Pre-Registration Required
Free Body Composition Analysis - appointments available 8 -9am, 12-1pm, 5-6pm
- June 7, July 12, August 2
PennFit REWARDS is our incentive program for Penn Rec Members that rewards participants who have made the commitment to maintaining a healthy lifestyle and positive behavioral changes through PennFit RESULTS program and bonus session participation. Points are accumulated on a semester basis throughout the academic year. Each PennFit event is valued at 1 point per class, seminar or event attended. Prize selection is based on point accumulation and the successful achievement of point tier criteria - 25 points = 1st tier prize, 45 points - 2nd tier prize, 55 points = 3rd tier prize.
Tier 1 Prizes - PennFit logo water bottle, carabiner or baseball cap
Tier 2 Prizes - PennFit logo travel mug, T-Shirt, or beach towel
Tier 3 Prizes - PennFit logo blanket, fitness bag, or pedometer
To participate in the PennFit REWARDS program and to start earning points for your healthy lifestyle activities, register for free via our online registration form.
If you would like to receive monthly emails about upcoming PennFit programs and events, join our Pennfit list serve below:
For more information, contact Chris Bosch at firstname.lastname@example.org