Rules for entering text on Course Register Screens
Course Register File
Text formatting on all of the Course Register screens (1D1, 1D2, 1D3, 1D4) operates much like a word processing function. General rules for entering text on these screens are as follows:
- Enter text on the Course Register screens in upper and lower case.
- One screen of text equals one paragraph. For entering multiple screens or paragraphs of text, see the procedures for each of the specific screens.
- Do not enter tabs or carriage returns to format paragraphs on these screens. The text will be formatted into paragraphs automatically.
- Do not put periods after Items 1-5.
- Leave only one space, not two, after periods when typing text on Items 6-9.
- Type book titles in upper case, as there is no facility for underlining or italicizing on these screens.
- When editing text or adding new text to a screen, use the insert function:
- With the cursor placed where you want to insert text, press PF4.
- The system will open a large blank area for typing.
- NOTE: Some text may temporarily disappear from the screen.
- Type in text as desired and press Enter. The screen will
close up, displaying the modified text.
- Use the DELETE key to delete text when making corrections.
- This text formatter does not allow tabular or columnar tables. Do not try to enter them.
Return to Course Register