Report a Problem
Thank you for taking the time to report your phone line problem. It's important to us that we quickly resolve your difficulty, so please read the following troubleshooting tips carefully.
IF you have no dial tone...
- Make sure your phone is plugged into the correct phone jack -- the phone jack often has a blue icon above it on the wall-jack.
- Try another telephone in your phone jack to see if your telephone is malfunctioning. Or, try your telephone in a working phone jack in a neighboring room.
- If you're using a cordless telephone, make sure that your battery is charged up and that your phone is also plugged into a power outlet. If you're not sure whether your battery is charged, try a standard phone in your outlet.
- Be sure that your phone is plugged into your room's ResNet outlet. Some campus locations -- especially in Sansom Commons -- have outmoded telephone jacks that were never removed. The correct outlet will also have a place for ethernet and cable connections.
IF you have dial tone, but cannot seem to make calls...
- Make sure that you are dialing correctly. For example, if you are dialing long distance, a Student Auth Code is required. The six-digit Auth Code is a unique code assigned to each student, and ensures that students are billed only for those calls that they have placed.
Your Student Auth Code is not the same number as your Penn In Touch PAC! A Student Auth Code may be looked up online any time. Most returning students will use the same Student Auth Code as last year. When making a long distance call, dial: # - 9 - Student Auth Code - 1 - (xxx) xxx-xxxx.
IF you have dial tone and can make calls, but you don't seem to be able to receive calls...
- Check to see that the telephone's ringer is turned on.
If these tips don't help you resolve your problem, Click the Submit a Trouble Ticket Online link above. Once you complete the online form, your request will be sent to our customer service team who are available from Monday-Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. Most problems can be resolved within one working day.