Spring Cleaning with Green in Mind
Is anyone even sure of what is stored away in their drawers, cabinets, closets, and file rooms? Ancient files, books and magazines, old computers, cathode tube display screens, and old furniture - nearly all of these things can be recycled. Sign up your office for the Green Campus Partnership's Office Clean Out Challenge!
Here's how - hold an Office Clean Out in March or April and involve as many people in your office as possible. The office with the highest participation will be recognized at the end of the Challenge. Full details are available from your Staff & Faculty Eco-Reps, but here are the basics:
- Sign up by filling out a commitment form.
- Select a date when your entire office/floor/department (you select the scale of your Clean Out) can participate
- Contact FRES for housekeeping support (additional bins, pick-ups)
- Advertise, advertise, advertise - increase that participation rate! All participants will sign a form to verify participation in the Clean Out.
Specialty items can be recycled in just a few additional steps. Ask email@example.com if you need guidance in recycling:
- Old pens and markers
- Printer toner/inkjet cartridges
- Unneeded furniture and equipment
- Computers, printers, other electronics
- Excess single-sided printed paper
- Confidential items that need shredding.