PVN is proud to be part of the following associations and initiatives:
Penn Video Network
Penn Video Network (PVN) : everything Penn campus television.
TV Shows, Movies, and More, All-Included
Everyone who lives in on-campus residence - College Houses, Sansom Place, and many GreekNet OFSL Chapter Houses - receives PVN programming at no additional cost; it's all part of your housing agreement. PVN provides the following services:
- * Cable TV channel lineup of 97 digital channels (requires QAM-ready TV or tuner);
- * Live, on-demand, and archive (DVR) streaming through Comcast's XFINITY on Campus;
- * On-demand streaming of over 500 movie titles through the year, through Residence Life Cinema's Resident Select and Criterion Pictures's Criterion On Demand;
- * Penn-specific programming on PVN Channel 71-1, including campus announcements, student sports, original student productions, and events
In addition to all on-campus residence buildings, PVN is also available in several administrative, activity, and class locations on campus. If you're Penn faculty or staff and you'd like to have PVN activated in your space, view our current activation and service rates.
The latest from PennVideo:
Specifications for your TV or Tuner
PVN television is a plug-and-play all-digital service. To receive the lineup, your TV or tuner must support ClearQAM. (What's QAM?) Most TVs manufactured post-2009 support ClearQAM, but if your TV does not have a ClearQAM tuner, you may need a ClearQAM tuner box. See our channel lineup page for some ClearQAM tuner boxes, available for separate purchase.
Basic Set-up Steps for your TV
- 1.) Connect a standard F-type RG6 coaxial cable from your PennNet wallplate to your TV.
- 2.) Run your TV's Channel Scan or Autoprogram function. Make sure your TV is set to CABLE or STANDARD/STD, and that you have QAM or DIGITAL search enabled (this may be an extra step).
- 3.) Let the Channel Scan finish. Once it's finished, you should be good to go!
If your TV is not receiving PVN's digital signal, check out our troubleshooting tips.
Don't have a TV? You can stream!
PVN offers three streaming services: XFINITY on Campus, which duplicates our cable television lineup of popular channels, Resident Select movie streaming, and Criterion On Demand movie streaming.
- XFINITY on Campus
- The core XFINITY on Campus streaming service is available to all students living in residence on campus, at no additional charge. It offers 125 channels to watch live, on demand, or from your personal storage archive (cloud DVR with up to 20 hours of storage). Individuals can also purchase premium subscriptions like HBO and Showtime.
XFINITY on Campus can be viewed on your desktop or laptop browser, or using the mobile app. Go here for details and instructions for using XFINITY on Campus.
- Resident Select is available for free to all students living, working, or simply spending time on campus; all you need is an active PennNet or AirPennNet connection. It offers on-demand viewing of all current and past PVN Movie Service titles for the current academic year.
Resident Select can be viewed on your desktop or laptop browser, or using the mobile app. Go here for instructions for using Resident Select.
- Criterion On Demand
- Criterion On Demand is available for free to all students living, working, or simply spending time on campus; all you need is an active PennNet or AirPennNet connection. It offers on-demand viewing of current PVN Movie Service titles.
Criterion On Demand can be viewed on your desktop or laptop browser. Go here for instructions for using Criterion On Demand.