WPPSA's theme for the year is "Discover a New You at Penn".
Once again, WPPSA will be adopting a family for the holidays. Find out how you can help by clicking here.
Who can be a member of the WPPSA?
Any full-time weekly-paid (non-union) employee can be a member of the WPPSA (Monthly-paid employees should consider joining the PPSA.)
What is the mission of the WPPSA?
The WPPSA represents all full-time weekly-paid (non-union) professional employees on one of the university's main decision-making bodies: University Council and its committees.
The WPPSA's primary goal is to represent the interests of its membership throughout all the segments of the University of Pennsylvania community.
Any full-time weekly-paid (non-union) employee can be a member of the WPPSA. Members of the WPPSA can sit on University Committees charged with making recommendations on issues of diversity, fairness, and policy-making.
Members of the WPPSA also initiate programs of interest for the membership and the university community.
What are the goals of the WPPSA ?
- Provide opportunities for full-time weekly-paid professional staff to discuss and contribute to various university issues, through appointed positions on university committees.
- Inform staff about programs/speakers that might 1) enhance and develop employees' professional/personal lives, or 2) address the needs and concerns of full-time weekly-paid professional staff by providing motivation, leadership, support, and humanitarianism.
Accomplishments of the WPPSA:
- Obtain seats for weekly-paid staff on the University Council and its Committees
- Increase the visibility of full-time weekly-paid staff within the University environment
- Advocate for child care benefits
- Advocate for equal access to retirement benefits among staff
- Advocate for greater mentoring and career counseling at Penn
What can the WPPSA do for you?
- Network with key University organizations ( Resource Centers , VPUL, Business Services, and other staff associations)
- Meet diverse weekly-paid staff from every school
- Meet with Penn leadership
- Participate in service projects
Develop Professional Skills
- Develop leadership
- Plan events
- Work on our website
- Marketing and communication
- Public speaking
- Planning, organization and strategy
- Lead meetings
Influence the Penn Environment
- Learn about the policy making structure at Penn
- Provide feedback for WPPSA Reps on University Council Committees
- Influence the priorities of the WPPSA Chair and Co-Chair (who meet with the University President and Provost)
- Work with U of Penn Administration
Upcoming Meetings & Sponsored Events
To view our schedule of events, click here.
2015-2016 Officers and Board Members
To view our officers and board members, click here.