WPPSA: Penn Weekly-Paid Professional Staff Assembly
Welcome to the WPPSA!
Who can be a member of the WPPSA?
Any full-time weekly-paid (non-union) employee can be a member of the WPPSA (Monthly-paid employees should consider joining the PPSA.)
What is the mission of the WPPSA?
The WPPSA represents all weekly-paid (non-union) professional employees on one of the university's main decision-making bodies: University Council and its committees.
The WPPSA's primary goal is to represent the interests of its membership throughout all the segments of the University of Pennsylvania community.
Any weekly-paid (non-union) employee can be a member of the WPPSA. Members of the WPPSA can sit on University Committees charged with making recommendations on issues of diversity, fairness, and policy.
Members of the WPPSA also initiate programs of interest for the membership and the university community.
What are the goals of the WPPSA ?
- Provide opportunities for weekly-paid professional staff to discuss and contribute to various university issues, through appointed positions on university committees.
- Inform staff about programs/speakers that might 1) enhance and develop employees' professional/personal lives, or 2) address the needs and concerns of weekly-paid professional staff by providing motivation, leadership, expertise and humanitarianism.
Accomplishments of the WPPSA:
- Obtain seats for weekly-paid staff on the University Council and its Committees
- Increase the visibility of weekly-paid staff in the University environment
- Advocate for child care benefits
- Advocate for equal access to retirement benefits among staff
- Advocate for greater mentoring and career counseling at Penn
What can the WPPSA do for you?
- Network with key University organizations ( Resource Centers , VPUL, Business Services, and other staff associations)
- Meet diverse weekly-paid staff from every school
- Meet with Penn leadership
Develop Professional Skills
- Develop leadership
- Plan events
- Work on our website
- Marketing and communication
- Public speaking
- Planning, organization and strategy
- Lead meetings
Influence the Penn Environment
- Learn about the policy making structure at Penn
- Provide feedback for WPPSA Reps on University Council Committees
- Influence the priorities of the WPPSA Chair and Vice Chair (who meet with the University President and Provost)
- Work with U of Penn Administration