WPPSA: Penn Weekly-Paid Professional Staff Assembly
What We're Working On
WPPSA has adopted a family for the holidays. To learn about how you can contribute click here.
FYI from Business Services
Notice regarding on campus banking
Notice about promo products
Past Projects: Fall 2006
Working with CGS on Admissions Policy. Means to do
this: WPPSA Rep on the Personnel Benefits Committee.
Asking the Council of Deans to increase the
number of classes and degrees offered through CGS. Means to do this: WPPSA and
PPSA Chairs will meet with the Council of Deans.
to change to the short-term disability policy so that it is the same for both
weekly- and monthly-paid staff. Means to do this: Meeting with HR, and WPPSA
Rep on the Personnel Benefits Committee.
Creating and sending free emails to all
weekly-paid employees. Means to do this: Working with the University
Secretary’s Office, the Office of the Provost (which will pay) and the
University Communications office (which will send it out.)
- Investigating corporate sponsorship–they would underwrite WPPSA events in exchange for sponsorship credit. Means to
do this: Work with PPSA to create a contract that’s mutually agreeable.
- Working with Human Resources to create a Minute taking class for Support Staff. Means to do this: Work with Human Resources and Learning and Education.
During the September 2005-May 2006 Committee Year:
- The WPPSA Chair met with the Provost selection committee to give feedback on employee needs
- The WPPSA Executive Board (and the PPSA) met with President Gutmann
- The WPPSA made recommendations regarding space allocation in the University Bookstore
- The WPPSA recommended that all future surveys about Child Care include staff members
- The WPPSA reached out to ABA, PPSA, AARC, VPUL, VPUL, ResourceCenters, and HR.
- Child Care Benefits
- Retirement Benefits
- Seats on University Council Committees
- Mentoring at Penn