Not in This Family shows how gays and their heterosexual parents both have animated each other's sensibilities, consciousness, and even culture and politics. Author Heather Murray suggests a reciprocal family life and complicates the notion of gay banishment.
2010 | 312 pages | Cloth $45.00 | Paper $24.95
American History / Gay Studies/Lesbian Studies/Queer Studies
View main book page
Table of Contents
1. Daughters and Sons for the Rest of Their Lives
2. Better Blatant Than Latent
3. What's Wrong with the Boys Nowadays?
4. Out of the Closets, Out of the Kitchens
5. ''Every Generation Has Its War''
Epilogue: Mom, Dad, I'm Gay