- President's Engagement Prizes
- President's Innovation Prize
- Fellowship Advising
- Fellowships Directory
- Endorsement Process for Rhodes, Marshall, and Mitchell
- Information Sessions and Workshops
- Learning Outcomes
- Letters of recommendation for fellowships
- Past Recipients
- Other Funding Resources
- UK Programs
- Records Access and Confidentiality Statements
Boren Graduate Fellowships
Deadline: January 28, 2016, 5:00pm Eastern Time
The National Security Agency Boren Graduate Fellowship funds international research, cultural study and language acquisition for those simultaneously enrolled in a US graduate program for areas of the world of interest to US national security. It does not provide funds for the graduate program itself.
The fellowship can be applied to both domestic and international programs, and is valued at up to $20,000, depending on the length of your study.
The NSEP service requirement stipulates that an award recipient work in the Departments of Defense, Homeland Security, State, or the Intelligence Community.
Eligibility and Qualifications
- Applicants must be in an accredited graduate program or in the process of applying.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or U.S. nationals.
- Applicants must choose a country and a course of study that are critically important to their academic field of study, their career objectives, and U.S. national security.
- High grades and a sufficiently strong curriculum to gain admission to a first-rate graduate institution are required.
Application Procedures and Selection Criteria
- Boren Fellowship application
- Program proposal and budget
- Official undergraduate transcript
- Official graduate transcript
- Three letters of recommendation
The Boren Scholarships are available for undergraduates. Apply through Penn’s Office of International Programs.
Applications must be submitted online by February 9 and supplementary materials must arrive at IIE by February 11. Fellowships are announced in early May.
Dr. Wallace Genser
Center for Undergraduate Research and Fellowships
The ARCH, 3601 Locust Walk
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6224
Please call 215-746-6488 to schedule an appointment