- President's Engagement Prizes
- Fellowship Advising
- Fellowships Directory
- Endorsement Process for Rhodes, Marshall, and Mitchell
- Steps in the Fellowship Process
- Information Sessions and Workshops
- Learning Outcomes
- Letters of recommendation for fellowships
- Past Recipients
- Other Funding Resources
- UK Programs
The Josephine de Karman Fellowship Trust awards $22,000 for graduate students’ final year in school and $14,000 for undergraduates’ final year. These fellowships are available to students entering their senior undergraduate year and graduate students entering the final year of a PhD program.
All disciplines are eligible but special consideration is given to application in the humanities.
Eligibility and Qualifications
Applicants may be citizens of any country. All study must be carried out in the United States and funds expended only within the United States.
Application Procedures and Selection Criteria
Applicants apply directly to the de Karman Fellowship Trust.
An application consists of:
- The application form
- A statement of intellectual interest (250-300 words)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate schools attended
Graduate students must also report on their standing with respect to PhD exams, status of thesis, etc.
Application must be postmarked no later than January 31, 2015.
Announcement of awards will be made by approximately April 15.
Funds are disbursed in two equal amounts through the Penn financial system in September and in February.
Center for Undergraduate Research and Fellowships
The ARCH, 3601 Locust Walk
Philadelphia, PA 19104-6224