- President's Engagement Prizes
- Fellowship Advising
- Fellowships Directory
- Endorsement Process for Rhodes, Marshall, and Mitchell
- Information Sessions and Workshops
- Learning Outcomes
- Letters of recommendation for fellowships
- Past Recipients
- Other Funding Resources
- UK Programs
- Records Access and Confidentiality Statements
Fellowships 101 sessions cover the basics of postgraduate fellowships -- what they are and how you can apply for them. We will give special attention to major post-baccalaureate international fellowships (Rhodes, Marshall, Mitchell, Gates, Churchill, Thouron, Fulbright) and describe the timeline and requirements for application to each.
This session will also provide undergraduates with strategies for deepening your engagement at Penn and in your extracurricular activities to help you understand the broader context of the application process.
Although you will decide which specific degree programs best suit your interests at the start of the application process, this session should also help you understand the importance of focusing on specific programs that will help you attain your personal and professional goals.
Perhaps most importantly, there will be ample time for you to ask questions about any aspect of the fellowship process and hear from at least one former fellowship winner.
Should you decide to apply for post-baccalaureate fellowships, this session will be your first stop in gathering information on the opportunities available and the application process. Students are asked to attend a Fellowships 101 session before scheduling an individual fellowships consultation with Dr. Wallace Genser at CURF.
Workshops will be held in CURF’s Fireside Lounge on the 2nd floor of the ARCH building (3601 Locust Walk).
Spring 2015 Fellowships 101 dates:
- Wednesday, February 18, 3:00-4:00pm
- Thursday, February 19, 5:00-6:00pm: featuring former Marshall Scholar Susan Domchek
- Friday, February 27, 2:00-3:00pm
- Wednesday, March 4, 5:00-6:00pm
- Thursday, March 19, 5:00-6:00pm: featuring former Marshall Scholar Ted Abel
- Friday, March 20, 3:00-4:00pm
- Thursday, March 26, 5:00-6:00pm
- Tuesday, March 31, 5:00-6:00pm: featuring 2015 Gates Cambridge Scholar Jocelyn Perry, COL 2013
- Thursday, April 2, 5:00-6:00pm: featuring 2015 Rhodes Scholar Rutendo Chigora, COL 2015
- Thursday, April 16, 5:00-6:00pm: featuring 2010 Marshall Scholar Joshua Bennett, COL 2010
- Friday, April 17, 3:00-4:00pm