Only fully matriculated Penn freshman are eligible for transfer into the Jerome Fisher Program in Management and Technology. Students may only apply to transfer at the conclusion of their freshman year.
A student wishing to pursue this dual degree program must develop a plan of study including the remaining requirements necessary to complete degrees in both schools. Students are advised to utilize the worksheets for their intended engineering major and the M&T Wharton worksheet available in Penn in Touch to complete this exercise.
Please note that M&T students are required to take a minimum of 46 credit units in order to graduate.
Minimum GPA: 3.6
Math 104 and 114
One of the following: Physics 140 or Physics 150 (or for MEAM majors, Physics 151)
SEAS / SAS Students: Economics 001 and 002
Wharton Students: Economics 010 and BEPP 250
Applicants must submit the following information to the M&T Program office:
- University Dual-Degree application
- Engineering students must complete essay questions #1 and #3 on the Wharton Dual Degree Application.
- A completed Course Planning Guide - please submit an excel worksheet detailing all the courses you need to take and in which semesters you intend to take them.
- Personal essay (no more than two pages)
- Two letters of recommendation from Penn faculty who have taught you
All application materials (including letters of recommendation) must be submitted to the M&T Program office at 3537 Locust Walk no later than 4pm on Friday, May 13, 2016. The M&T Transfer Admissions Committee reviews all applications. Admitted students are notified over the summer. Students not admitted may be considered for regular dual degree status.
The M&T Program will host an information session for students interested in transferring into the program on Friday, February 12th at 3:00 pm in Jon M. Huntsman Hall, Room F50.