The Office of the Vice Provost for Research manages a number of internal funding opportunities on behalf of the University, including the University Research Foundation (URF) and the Provost Interdisciplinary Seminar Fund (PISF). In addition, the Senior Vice Provost for Research leads large institutional funding opportunities, at times in conjunction with School leaders.
For Penn constituents interested in new sponsorship opportunities PennERA offers two services:
- GENIUS/SMARTS provides daily email alerts of potential opportunities of interest to Penn investigators.
- SPIN is a searchable database of funding opportunities from the US federal government and 1,700 other sources.
In addition, the following websites could prove useful to investigators:
- Grants.gov is the US government’s online portal to search and apply to federal funding opportunities.
- Grants Advisor Plus is an information service for research faculty in higher education.
- Foundation Center (PennKey required) includes a searchable database of foundation and corporate philanthropic opportunities.