The Office of the Vice Provost for Research manages a number of internal funding opportunities on behalf of the University, including:
The Vice Provost for Research also leads large institutional funding opportunities, at times in conjunction with School leaders:
For Penn constituents interested in new sponsorship opportunities PennERA offers two services:
- SMARTS provides daily email alerts of potential opportunities of interest to Penn investigators.
- SPIN is a searchable database of funding opportunities from the US federal government and 1,700 other sources. [Update, October 2014: SPIN can also be accessed by logging into PennERA and then navigating here.]
In addition, the following websites could prove useful to investigators:
- Grants.gov is the US government’s online portal to search and apply to federal funding opportunities.
- Grants Advisor Plus is an information service for research faculty in higher education.
- Foundation Center (PennKey required) includes a searchable database of foundation and corporate philanthropic opportunities.