Welcome to the website of the Office of the Vice Provost for Research (OVPR). The Senior Vice Provost for Research is an advisor to the Provost and has oversight of the University's vast research enterprise, encompassing a broad spectrum of research support services, regulatory bodies, multi-disciplinary campus-wide Centers and Institutes, and partnerships to further develop investigator inventions. OVPR collaborates with Penn constituents and external partners to promote meaningful scholarship, uphold research integrity, and foster new discoveries, thereby helping to fulfill the University’s education and research mission as embodied by the Penn Compact.
The Senior Vice Provost for Research serves as a resource for the University’s strategic research planning and development and Chairs a number of Penn committees, including:
- The Provost Council on Research, a strategic advisory body comprised of the senior research officers from each of the twelve Schools;
- Human Research Advisory Committee, a consultative group that reviews and recommends policies and procedures governing human subject research and is comprised of faculty and administrators;
- Research Compliance Oversight Committee, an advisory unit that serves as a venue for discussion and outreach on University compliance with regulatory requirements;
- Animal Program Advisory Committee, a faculty and administrative body that oversees animal care policies and practices at Penn.
- Human Stem Cell Research Advisory Committee, whose purpose is to assist the Penn community with the scientific, legal, ethical and compliance considerations that arise from the use of human stem cells in research.