Reporting Alleged Copyright Infringement
Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), Penn has designated an agent to receive notification of alleged copyright infringement occurring in the upenn.edu domain. If you believe that your copyrighted work is being infringed, notify our designated agent specified below.
Office of Information Security
University of Pennsylvania
3401 Walnut Street, Ste 232A
Philadelphia, PA 19104
The DMCA requires that infringement claim notices under the Act must be in writing and must include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or the person authorized to act on its behalf;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and information reasonably sufficient to permit Penn to locate the material;
- Information sufficient to permit Penn to contact you, including your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under the pains and penalties of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.